Saturday, March 21, 2009

And then there were more...

Last year we started our triking with a Terra Trike Cruiser and a Greenspeed GT3. With our pending Best Buddies Challenge Ride we needed two more rides. (For details on the Best Buddies ride see http://trikelandblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/best-buddies-challenge-ride.html.)

I was planning on renting or borrowing the trikes/bikes for the other two riders but my initial recumbent rental didn't work out all that well. So I started cruising the Internet looking for used trikes.

Bingo! As with many other things in life "timing is everything".

This week I found a Catrike Pocket for sale locally. I quickly bought it even though it may turn out to be too short for us. I'm thinking it can always be a loaner or I can sale it later. I took it out for a test run today. It's light, short & quick. Overall a lot of fun but since I couldn't extend my legs fully I think it would not be on my list to ride for an extended time.

I also bought an older Terra Trike model, the 3.6. I'm still arranging shipping for it to get here from Columbia, SC.

But the trike I'm most excited about is a Catrike Road. This particular trike was ridden on a wonderful journey from California to Texas (see Favorite Links page for details). I expect it to arrive in the next 7 to 10 days and I'm hoping it will inspire us to ride more & further as well. (Thank you Sheila.)

With these additions we'll be a 5 trike family. I have noticed that my neighbor, who is an avid cyclist, has multiple models. I guess it customary to have different models for different needs but when we started this adventure last summer I never dreamt we'd get in this deep.

No comments: