Friday, April 10, 2009

New moon rising

This week I started reassembling the Duffy Moon. Here is how she arrived:





















After going through all of the parts and applying a little elbow grease this is what I took to the local bike shop for an official tune up:











From what I can tell only one small nut was lost in transit. I'm sure the local shop can provide a new one. I'm going to use the head rest from this trike on my Catrike Pocket until the Duffy Moon returns from the shop. Depending on the cost I'm going to have the local shop replace the grip shifters with bar end shifters & a new rear derailleur. The grip shifts & existing rear derailleur are functional but I've come to appreciate the bar end shifters on my GT3 more. After our Best Buddies ride I may swap out the rear cassette for a faster set of gears opting to keep this trike for faster rides and my TerraTrikes for "touring".

No comments: