Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Easy Headlight

The bar end modification on my GT3 gave me room to mount my headlight designed for handlebars. This gives the GT3 a light but putting one on the Cruiser has not been as easy.

But I did find the "clip lite" from miraclebeam (www.miraclebeam.com) at my local computer store (http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0275546). This is a 5 LED light that clips to the visor of a baseball hat or bicycle helmet visor. This provides a quick & easy way to add lighting for the rider and it's portable. I even picked up one for my truck to provide a hands free flashlight.

I'm also going to experiment with mounting one under or on the seat. Obviously it will not help with visibility for the rider but it may help the trike to be seen.

No comments: